Friday, August 26, 2005

Late Friday Stuff

I may be almost a week behind in posting, but that doesn't mean I've been slacking in the eating-and-drinking department. Since my loving husband is currently out of town, watching skilled motorcycle riders finesse their way around the Virginia International Raceway, I should soon be caught up.


Until then, one more late Friday posting. Recently, I've been visiting a blog by Joe, of Culinary in the Desert. Among the many interesting recipes he's posted, I chose this abnormally quiet evening to make his Banana Walnut Crumb Muffins. They smelled wonderful as they baked, but I became distractd by my fifth two-hour conversation with Dell's outsourced tech department. By the time I'd finished, with promises of an actual person to come out to my house, the tops had burnt ever so slightly, just enough to give an intense caramel profile.

When I removed them and let them sit a painstaking 10 minutes in the tray, whiffs of intense banana and slightly burnt brown sugar kept teasing my nose.

I had to have one for dessert.

I did, and ended up having to share with a little girl who had a very curious nose going during the entire operation. She, too, gave her approval. Thank you very much, Joe!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Glad to hear you were able to make them and they came out well! I really enjoyed them too!

August 26, 2005 10:21 PM  
Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Oh, man. I'm going to have to start eating muffins again. Those look awesome.

August 28, 2005 1:45 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

These muffins are worth taking up the habit again, Anna.


Thank you, Maureen! She lets us call her Mel, but her proper name is Princess Melange of the Anadrozzi. ;)

August 29, 2005 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter a long URL to make tiny: