Thursday, February 23, 2006

What to do with that leftover steak

Make a French dip sandwich, baby!

The crucial element is the au jus, part rich veal stock, part red wine, and just enough garlic to give a hint of sass. Simmer the meat in this luxurious condiment until just warmed through. Place promptly on a split roll that was toasted open-faced in the oven, gruyere now perfectly melted.

Before taking that first bite, dip into the au jus with child-like glee.



What a great lunch! Thanks, Kalyn!
tagged with:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Mmmmmm that looks really good, especially the gruyere.

February 23, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

au jus.
au yummy!
looks great.

February 23, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Wow! Do you make your own veal stock? I saw it in the grocery the other day for about a zillion dollars.

And I heard a rumor today that we're getting a TJ's in NY!!!!

February 23, 2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

sara and mona, it wasn't just good, it was GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrREAT!!!!

Mebeth, you're funny! Make my own stock, are you kidding me? I had dreams of doing that, but never got 'round to it.

Then, my cheese guy introduced me to the More Than Gourmet brand. I was extremely skeptical, but he's never led me wrong before.

The stuff is simply amazing. Soups and stews have a new depth of flavour, and I thought they tasted pretty good before. Can't recommend it enough.

February 23, 2006 6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh!
Do you realise this is the first meat meal that has made me really salivate all week? ACK! :)

February 23, 2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger it's only fuel said...

Nice!

February 23, 2006 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter a long URL to make tiny: