Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Where, oh where, have my little wines gone?

I was browsing through my digital photo albums the other day, and noticed something most peculiar. A random wine here, a little bottle there, but not a word, not a note, not a dribble about any of them.

Let’s remedy this in a quick little wine round-up. As always, click on any picture for a larger view.


Let’s have a look here at the Jewel 2000 Syrah. This is a wine that just sashays~sashays~ sashays into the room (you hear me, Chante?). Oh, the fruitiness! Oh, the ripe berry flavours! If I remember correctly, this wine approached the table after the meal was over- a digestif, if you will, and appropriately so.



Vinum Cellars 2004 Chenin Blanc “Chard-No-Way” This wine has grown on me since first tasting it. The nose is explosively floral, with juicy stone fruits and honeysuckle. It’s medium-bodied and just a little rich, and speckled with melons aplenty. Nice finish, and as you can see, there weren't any problems finishing that bottle.



Ah ha, the Savannah Chanelle 2001 Central Coast Pinot Noir. I’d like to expound at length about this wine, but quite frankly, don’t remember so much about it. What I do remember is that it went just fine with some homemade pizza, and you can’t beat that.


This wine holds a special place in my heart. DucCat and I visited it during a head-spinning, whirlwind vacation in California’s wine country, and thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance, the memories, and of course, the wines. The Folie a Deux Menage A Trois 2002 California Red Table Wine is a rich, spicy wine, dark in colour, smooth on the tongue. It is the perfect wine to sip on an Autumnal evening on the back patio, in the company of good friends and those you love.

Cheers for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

Love the wine post ! Swimster and I were thinking about doing that, on off days or days we just couldn't find the cashola to eat out! Instead just buy a couple bottles of wine and do some home wine-tasting. I love chiraz and pinot noir, very different wines but 2 of my favorites. Had some pretty sweet sauvignon blancs today..thought I liked it but thinking otherwise. Weird how your winebuds change....

October 04, 2005 9:46 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

It's funny- sauvignon blancs were the wines that first enticed me into drinking whites. And just like you, they don't taste quite the same to me anymore.

October 05, 2005 6:22 AM  
Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Wow, I almost bought the Chardnoway the other day, but opted for Jekel Riesling instead. Since you describe it as "floral" and "Honeysuckle", I'm glad I passed. Have you ever tasted Snoqualmie's Chenin Blanc? It's like slurping down crushed honeysuckles. At first, it was interesting. Then I realized I really hated it.

October 06, 2005 10:08 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

In that case, I will make it a point to stay away from the Snoqualmie Chenin Blanc!

October 07, 2005 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter a long URL to make tiny: