SHF/IMBB Cookie Swap
Remembering at the last moment this month's SHF cookie swap theme, I whipped out a batch of my favourite holiday cookies, Cranberry-Lemon Iced Drops.
These cookies were discovered a few years ago when hanging out on Fine Cooking's Cook's Talk Forum. A chef, going by the name of Cookimonster, posted these with great praise. On the lookout for something new, I gave 'em a shot, and was suitably impressed.
The combination of tart cranberry, crunchy pecans, and lively speckles of lemon zest are countered by the citric sweetness of a simple glaze. When these sit covered for a day, they grow soft, morphing into something a little more like miniature muffin tops.
Look at how happy wise Buddha is sitting amongst these cookies. Be as the Buddha.
Read the entire round up at SHF/IMBB Cookie Swap!.
CM's Cranberry Lemon Iced Drops
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries (I typically use frozen)
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1. Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
2. Set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugars, and zest until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
7. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
8. Bake at 350-degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden.
9. Cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
10. Whisk together ingredients for lemon icing- taste and adjust, adding more zest if necessary.
11. When cool, drizzle with lemon icing.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. And if cookies are close at hand, all the better.