Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Frittata and the Tango

I've always liked the thought of a frittata, but never quite got around to making one.

Recently, DucCat was out for the evening, and I came home late, hungry and ready for something quick. Something spicy. Something... dare I say... easy and eggy. It was frittata-makin' time.

I loosely followed a recipe from Mark Bittman, sauteeing little odds and ends of veggies before adding the egg component. The best part was layering it with cheese, and toasting it just bubbling under the broiler. As you can see, it was a festive enough sight upon my plate.

Verdict? Not as exciting as I would've hoped. I felt like an Atkinser trying to get their soft taco fix sans carbs. Nonetheless, it was definitely filling, and I can see myself whipping one up some future evening.




What does one drink with a frittata? This night, it was our newest house pour, the 2002 Lo Tengo Malbec Mendoza.



For a larger image, click here.

On its own merits, it's a decent enough wine, very fruity and fun. A little swirl of summertime in the midst of winter's chill is okay by me.

But there's more. Check the label out a bit more closely.


From the right you see:














Now swivel on over to the left:
















A holographic tango! It's either one of the coolest labels ever, or I'm just far too easily entertained.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

My mouth is watering!

December 20, 2005 9:29 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Thanks, Michele!

Nederland, I've got the feeling I may be related to you... ;)

December 24, 2005 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter a long URL to make tiny: