Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Is That a Rigatoni, or are Ya Just Happy To See Me?

This was one of those recipes that had literally been in my ‘to-do’ pile for years. For about three years, as a matter of fact. So when the wind took on a distinctly Northern chill last Thursday evening, I finally decided it was time to cook ‘Rigatoni in Woodsman’s Sauce’ .

Everything was bubbling along nicely, and smelling even better. I had hot Italian sausage on hand, so used that to great effect. Just before adding the cream, I took a little taste- oh, and it was gorgeous. I called in DucCat to sample, and we pondered leaving well enough alone. In the end, I decided to trust the recipe, and added the cream.

It was still good, but not as good as before. Future renditions may still see me add a few dribbles, but certainly nowhere near the entire cup that is called for here.

Note that as usual, I had my sauce over spinach, while DucCat mixed his with rigatoni. And he was indeed very happy to see me!

tagged with: + + + +

4 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

Wow..that sauce looks awesome. I was like..where's the rigatoni? Interesting choice to put over spinach...I think I'm going to have to try this recipe...

March 07, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger vlb5757 said...

That really does look yummy. I think my hubby would opt for the pasta and I could do the spinach also. I do love fresh spinach. This looks like a winner!

March 08, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

S'kat, what a fantastic idea to serve the sauce over spinach. That's so clever. I'm going to give that a try.

March 09, 2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Ladies, I promise you that I am NOT some freaky-Atkinser-carb abstainer! I just don't really care for pasta. Not if I can find a really great specimen of crusty bread to stand in for it. Actually, I'll even cop to enjoying mediocre crusty bread, if it's been properly toasted.

As for the spinach, we're all about those ARF's!

March 10, 2006 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter a long URL to make tiny: