Thursday, January 12, 2006

T.M.I.

Mona tagged me for the newest/oldest meme running ‘round:
Too Much Information.

Here's the delly-o: post ten random and interesting facts about yourself (they don't necessarily need to be food-related).

After reading through her own insightful list, I’ve pondered a bit, and finally come up with one of my own.


-My hair has been every colour except blonde.

-In the early 90’s, I DJ’d under the name ‘Velvet Scream’.

-I lived in the Netherlands for three years... and never ate cheese! Didn’t like it, wasn’t interested in trying it. Really regret that one.

-I shared wine and cigarettes with a couple of bums at Jim Morrison’s grave.

-I no longer smoke, but will sometimes inhale deeply when walking by smokers.

-I don’t own a cell phone, and in fact, hate talking on phones in general.

-An F-4 tornado came right between mine and my neighbor’s house; I survived.

-I was practically a vegetarian when I met my husband.

-I’ve met two ‘celebritites’ in my life. One was Ken Ober (MTV’s Remote Control); the other was Nikki Knockers. Two guesses as to how she makes her living. ;)

-I would love to someday make a good living through photography.



Dude, that's like, way too much information!

I'm going to tag Anna, Joe, Deetsa, Clare, and Paul.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funnily enough, I've met Ken Ober too.

I was visiting a friend back in the 80's when New Yorker's didn't have cable and so no one there knew who he was. He was walking by, and I just said "hi Ken". He stopped and said hi back, obviously trying to remember where we knew each other from, he made a few guesses before I told him I knew him from TV. My friend asked 'who are you?' and Ken snapped back 'Yannick Noah'.

That's my Ken Ober story. I'm going to go make up stuff for my list now.

January 12, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

What a great list! I'm so glad my buds are participating!
You lived in the Netherlands? That is so cool!
Nothing better than sharing wine and cigarettes with people, especially in a foreign country. And where wine is so cheap by the bottle!
I just quit smoking myself.
I can't believe you don't have a cellphone! That's great. I think you and my uncle are the last ones to hold out!
Nikki Knockers! AAH! You should check out madeater's meme and the picture she has at the top-hilarious!

January 12, 2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Ha ha, great story, Paul!

Mona, this was fun, so thanks for choosing me!

By the way congrats on the quitting smoking- yesterday was three years to the day for me. Not that I'm counting or anything.

January 13, 2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

"I no longer smoke, but will sometimes inhale deeply when walking by smoker"

Too funny. I quit just over a year ago and still do this...It just aint the same, is it? I do feel like I taste things a bit better now...

January 13, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

good list!

January 14, 2006 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter a long URL to make tiny: